Press Here To Enter The Site: Freesoundscapes
I am a real fan of FreeSound, there is such a wealth of sound on this site that it is almost impossible to imagine. I encourage anyone and everyone to support this site in any way that you can. If interested, you can access my FreeSound page here: reaktorplayer
The Freesoundscapes application has a great menu of options:
Have fun & experiment!
Correction from an earlier comment that I made about this site using the FreeSound API, I was informed that this is not the case. So I sit corrected. I will concentrate more on the application and capturing audio with freeware applications.
In the editor mode there is a “recent patches” section on the right of the screen. Try a few of those to get an idea of what is going on with the application. The only problem is that this application and many others has no way to save audio streaming from the page. Audacity may have a way to record the audio output. Here is a link to the page: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s=recording&i=streaming
Press Here To Go To the Site: FreeSound Radio
If interested my FreeSound page is located here: reaktorplayer
By using the tags associated with the samples, the sounds may show up in the Radio Freesound edit page.
This free application has a lot going for it and with a little practice, some very unique sounds can be found in it. The only disadvantage that I can see is that it takes only aiff audio files, but there are free and inexpensive audio converters out there if any conversion is necessary. Here are the key features as listed by the web site:
•control loop start time, size, and playback speed of four audio files
• drag and drop a folder of sound files for quick access to custom libraries of sounds
• randomizing of various parameters for unexpected results
• built-in stereo reverb and filtering effects
• record output to disk for further processing or conversion to other file formats
• store your favorite presets quickly and easily
• cpu monitor gives you realtime feedback concerning Sapling’s tax on your machine
• independent effects sends for each file and panning/balance control
• freeware (but <a title=”https://firstname.lastname@example.org&item_name=sineqube+software&method=”post”donations welcome)
• On/off toggles for each individual file, with hotkeys
• Ability to save and load presets to and from disk
• Access to I/O settings (Note: this feature was added to fulfill user requests. It has had minimal testing by the beta team, but all reports were positive).
Press Here To Enter The Web Site: Sapling 1.1
Here is a quickly recorded 2 minute piece using this software: Sapling
Great Site To Visit With Lots Of Professional Free Samples & Reaktor Software & More
Press Here To Enter The Site: DevineSound
“During the past three years, Richard Devine has remixed top Warp artists like Aphex Twin and Mike Patton (Faith No More). He has released 4 full-length albums on Schematic, Warp, Asphodel, and Sublight records and has performed his own ear-tearing music mayhem worldwide.”
Read The Entire Richard Devine Interview At RME Here: RME
Looper’s Delight is a cultural and informational resource for musicians creating music with audio loops of every sort.
Press Here To Enter The Site