VMPK has been tested in Linux, Windows and Mac OSX
“As the name of the site says, you will find here a list mainly devoted to synthesizers, but you will find also virtual instruments of other types, much fewer…
This list of freeware is not like the others that are on the web and has something special : it gives to you links for only the best free virtual instruments (for Windows), and is the result of many and long researches, after testing around one thousand instruments. My purpose is to avoid you getting stuck with the same job… All instruments are classified, but in an approximative way… When available, versions for other OS and formats are mentioned”
Excellent Kontakt Tools
Windows (4.8 MB)
Mac OSX (17 MB)
|If you use and like this program please feel free to make a donation to support the development:|
- Syntax highlighting of script code.
- Indent/dedent selected code (you can indent/dedent several rows with one key press).
- Automatical reindentation of selected code
- Pressing F5 runs compiles the code (this lets you declare and use user-defined functions and organize variables into families) and puts the code on the clipboard, ready to be pasted into K2.
The compiler now reports common errors and automatically moves the cursor to the right place to let you fix them. Furthermore the syntax has been extended.
- Pressing F10 exports the script to syntax highlighted HTML and automatically opens the page in your browser for previewing.
- Code completion (pressing Ctrl+Space fills in the rest of the current word).
- Call tips (pressing Ctrl+Shift+Space shows documentation for the function being called).
- Parenthesis matching. When you write “)” the corresponding “(” is highlighted.
- Goto line function
- Ability to switch between fixed width fonts and variable width ones
- Ability to choose number of steps (spaces) of indentation and an option to reindentate the whole script when this setting is changed.
- Unlimited undo / redo
- The compiler can optionally output compacted code (reducing it’s size by >50%) to help dealing with a K2 bug causing slowdowns for large scripts.
- ‘end …’ lines can optionally be automatically added and there’s support for automatic indentation of pasted code.
- Navigation panel which lets one quickly jump to any callback or function.
- Tabbed interface for editing multiple scripts at the same time.
- Code folding and improved syntax highlighting. It is off by default since it makes files slower to load, but can be activated in the Settings menu.
Excellent Useful Software
This Very Useful Application For Mac Not Only Sports The Most Bizarre User Interface I’ve Ever Seen but also has a combination of very well programmed effects for audio, video and text. It is very hard to list the functions of this software other than it mangles anything that it comes into contact with.
Click On The Second Item Down From The Upper Right To Download The Software.
“MetaMix is a cross between a musical composition, a digital audio player, an interactive experience, a software tool, and a work of conceptual art. Feed MetaMix your favorite audio track and listen as familiar music is transformed into a new listening experience. MetaMix superimposes new musical structures onto existing music by turning special mathematical integer sequences into new musical forms. These musical forms are used to “remix” the audio track you choose.”
“Csound is a sound design, music synthesis and signal processing system, providing facilities for composition and performance over a wide range of platforms. It is not restricted to any style of music, having been used for many years in the creation of classical, pop, techno, ambient, experimental, and (of course) computer music, as well as music for film and television.”
“GB MusicLab converts RGB (Red, Green and Blue) value of an image to chromatic scale sounds. The program reads RGB value of pixels from the top left to the bottom right of an image. One pixel makes a harmony of three note of RGB value, and the length of note is determined by brightness of the pixel. RGB value 120 or 121 is the center C, and RGB value 122 or 123 is added a half steps of the scale that is C#. Pure black that is R=0, G=0, B=0 is no sounds.”
” OpenSong is a free, open-source software application created to manage lyrics, chords, lead sheets, overheads, computer projection, and more. OpenSong releases are available for Microsoft Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux operating systems.”