This free application has a lot going for it and with a little practice, some very unique sounds can be found in it. The only disadvantage that I can see is that it takes only aiff audio files, but there are free and inexpensive audio converters out there if any conversion is necessary. Here are the key features as listed by the web site:
•control loop start time, size, and playback speed of four audio files
• drag and drop a folder of sound files for quick access to custom libraries of sounds
• randomizing of various parameters for unexpected results
• built-in stereo reverb and filtering effects
• record output to disk for further processing or conversion to other file formats
• store your favorite presets quickly and easily
• cpu monitor gives you realtime feedback concerning Sapling’s tax on your machine
• independent effects sends for each file and panning/balance control
• freeware (but <a title=”https://email@example.com&item_name=sineqube+software&method=”post”donations welcome)
• On/off toggles for each individual file, with hotkeys
• Ability to save and load presets to and from disk
• Access to I/O settings (Note: this feature was added to fulfill user requests. It has had minimal testing by the beta team, but all reports were positive).
Press Here To Enter The Web Site: Sapling 1.1
Here is a quickly recorded 2 minute piece using this software: Sapling
Press Here To Enter MU.LAB
- Create, record, edit and play audio & MIDI
- Integrated hi-quality synths, samplers and effects
- Supports VST plug-ins, both audio & MIDI
- Easy workflow
- Flexible modular architecture
- Hi-quality audio engine
- Sample accurate sequencing
- Automatic mono/stereo handling
- ReWire Master
- Available on Mac OSX and Windows
- Can be used from a USB memory stick
OSX Version At This Page:
Original Windows Version:
Info From Web Site:
“This is a little tool I made in connection with the 10th Ludum Dare competition held in December 2007. Its original purpose was to provide a simple means of getting basic sound effects into a game for those people who were working hard to get their entries done within the 48 hours and didn’t have time to spend looking for suitable ways of doing this.
The idea was that they could just hit a few buttons in this application and get some largely randomized effects that were custom in the sense that the user could accept/reject each proposed sound.
It turned out to work rather well and a lot of the entrants used it, which is cool. Anyone else in the same situation (need some basic sound effects, don’t really care about top quality, have no idea where to get them) should find it pretty useful, if nothing else then just as placeholder sounds to kill the silence until final content has been produced.
Basic usage involves hitting the randomize button (or one of the other buttons to your left if you need a specific standard sound), listen to the generated sound, then deciding if it sounds ok or not. If it does, then export it to .WAV and you’re done, if not – just hit the button again and get something different.
All the parameters used to create each sound are manually tweakable to allow fine-tuning if you feel like getting your hands dirty. Space is a useful shortcut to play the current sound.
There will probably be a minor update of this in the near future, adding some convenient features.
Source code is available and you’re free to use it for anything you please. I’ve put it under the MIT free software license.”
Press Here To Enter The Site: Automat
A very deep synth with lots of great presets and access to many programming items.
Interesting New Synthesizer
Press Here To Enter The Site: SunVox
- Modular interface.
- Highly optimized synth algorithms.
- Flexible architecture: SunVox can working on variuos devices. For example: PDA with slow CPU – 16bit sound (fixed point arithmetic); or big PC with powerfull CPU: 32bit sound (floating point arithmetic).
- Built-in synthesizers:
- FM synthesizer;
- Generator (saw,triangle,square,noise waveforms);
- Sampler (supported formats: WAV, XI, AIFF);
- SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for analog-like pads);
- DC Blocking Filter;
- Filter (Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass, Notch);
- Reverb (with DC Blocking Filter);
- Vocal Filter;
- Supported systems: Windows, Linux (x86/x86_64), Mac OS X, PalmOS, WindowsCE (Windows Mobile), iPhone/iPad.
- Export to WAV.
Press Here To Enter The Site: WiiToMIDI
WiiToMidi allows you to convert signals from a Nintendo Wii controller to MIDI signals. It is a Cocoa application for Mac OS X and uses the DarwiinRemote WiiRemote framework to decode Wii controller signals. It also supports the Nunchuk controller.
Press Here To Enter The Site
Pencil is an animation/drawing software for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux. It lets you create traditional hand-drawn animation (cartoon) using both bitmap and vector graphics. Pencil is free and open source.
Press Here To Enter Gimp
MP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.
It has many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc.
GIMP is expandable and extensible. It is designed to be augmented with plug-ins and extensions to do just about anything. The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image manipulation procedures to be easily scripted.
GIMP is written and developed under X11 on UNIX platforms. But basically the same code also runs on MS Windows and Mac OS X.
Press Here To Enter The Site
Excellent Kontakt Tools
- Syntax highlighting of script code.
- Indent/dedent selected code (you can indent/dedent several rows with one key press).
- Automatical reindentation of selected code
- Pressing F5 runs compiles the code (this lets you declare and use user-defined functions and organize variables into families) and puts the code on the clipboard, ready to be pasted into K2.
The compiler now reports common errors and automatically moves the cursor to the right place to let you fix them. Furthermore the syntax has been extended.
- Pressing F10 exports the script to syntax highlighted HTML and automatically opens the page in your browser for previewing.
- Code completion (pressing Ctrl+Space fills in the rest of the current word).
- Call tips (pressing Ctrl+Shift+Space shows documentation for the function being called).
- Parenthesis matching. When you write “)” the corresponding “(” is highlighted.
- Goto line function
- Ability to switch between fixed width fonts and variable width ones
- Ability to choose number of steps (spaces) of indentation and an option to reindentate the whole script when this setting is changed.
- Unlimited undo / redo
- The compiler can optionally output compacted code (reducing it’s size by >50%) to help dealing with a K2 bug causing slowdowns for large scripts.
- ‘end …’ lines can optionally be automatically added and there’s support for automatic indentation of pasted code.
- Navigation panel which lets one quickly jump to any callback or function.
- Tabbed interface for editing multiple scripts at the same time.
- Code folding and improved syntax highlighting. It is off by default since it makes files slower to load, but can be activated in the Settings menu.