I think “res_ident” said it best about this plug:
“This is one of the deepest, intelligently architected and inspiring free plug-in synths to be developed in a long while. If you have a penchant for deep architecture, options, crazy modulation routings and loop-able envelopes – then look no further. Incredible. Oh – and it SOUNDS stunning. My hat’s off …”
Press Here To Enter The Site: Automat 1.0
This free application has a lot going for it and with a little practice, some very unique sounds can be found in it. The only disadvantage that I can see is that it takes only aiff audio files, but there are free and inexpensive audio converters out there if any conversion is necessary. Here are the key features as listed by the web site:
•control loop start time, size, and playback speed of four audio files
• drag and drop a folder of sound files for quick access to custom libraries of sounds
• randomizing of various parameters for unexpected results
• built-in stereo reverb and filtering effects
• record output to disk for further processing or conversion to other file formats
• store your favorite presets quickly and easily
• cpu monitor gives you realtime feedback concerning Sapling’s tax on your machine
• independent effects sends for each file and panning/balance control
• freeware (but <a title=”https://email@example.com&item_name=sineqube+software&method=”post”donations welcome)
• On/off toggles for each individual file, with hotkeys
• Ability to save and load presets to and from disk
• Access to I/O settings (Note: this feature was added to fulfill user requests. It has had minimal testing by the beta team, but all reports were positive).
Press Here To Enter The Web Site: Sapling 1.1
Here is a quickly recorded 2 minute piece using this software: Sapling
Press Here To Enter MU.LAB
- Create, record, edit and play audio & MIDI
- Integrated hi-quality synths, samplers and effects
- Supports VST plug-ins, both audio & MIDI
- Easy workflow
- Flexible modular architecture
- Hi-quality audio engine
- Sample accurate sequencing
- Automatic mono/stereo handling
- ReWire Master
- Available on Mac OSX and Windows
- Can be used from a USB memory stick
OSX Version At This Page:
Original Windows Version:
Info From Web Site:
“This is a little tool I made in connection with the 10th Ludum Dare competition held in December 2007. Its original purpose was to provide a simple means of getting basic sound effects into a game for those people who were working hard to get their entries done within the 48 hours and didn’t have time to spend looking for suitable ways of doing this.
The idea was that they could just hit a few buttons in this application and get some largely randomized effects that were custom in the sense that the user could accept/reject each proposed sound.
It turned out to work rather well and a lot of the entrants used it, which is cool. Anyone else in the same situation (need some basic sound effects, don’t really care about top quality, have no idea where to get them) should find it pretty useful, if nothing else then just as placeholder sounds to kill the silence until final content has been produced.
Basic usage involves hitting the randomize button (or one of the other buttons to your left if you need a specific standard sound), listen to the generated sound, then deciding if it sounds ok or not. If it does, then export it to .WAV and you’re done, if not – just hit the button again and get something different.
All the parameters used to create each sound are manually tweakable to allow fine-tuning if you feel like getting your hands dirty. Space is a useful shortcut to play the current sound.
There will probably be a minor update of this in the near future, adding some convenient features.
Source code is available and you’re free to use it for anything you please. I’ve put it under the MIT free software license.”
Press Here To Enter The Site: Automat
A very deep synth with lots of great presets and access to many programming items.
Interesting New Synthesizer
Press Here To Enter The Site: SunVox
- Modular interface.
- Highly optimized synth algorithms.
- Flexible architecture: SunVox can working on variuos devices. For example: PDA with slow CPU – 16bit sound (fixed point arithmetic); or big PC with powerfull CPU: 32bit sound (floating point arithmetic).
- Built-in synthesizers:
- FM synthesizer;
- Generator (saw,triangle,square,noise waveforms);
- Sampler (supported formats: WAV, XI, AIFF);
- SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for analog-like pads);
- DC Blocking Filter;
- Filter (Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass, Notch);
- Reverb (with DC Blocking Filter);
- Vocal Filter;
- Supported systems: Windows, Linux (x86/x86_64), Mac OS X, PalmOS, WindowsCE (Windows Mobile), iPhone/iPad.
- Export to WAV.
Press Here To Enter The Site: WiiToMIDI
WiiToMidi allows you to convert signals from a Nintendo Wii controller to MIDI signals. It is a Cocoa application for Mac OS X and uses the DarwiinRemote WiiRemote framework to decode Wii controller signals. It also supports the Nunchuk controller.